- Let Em Hate - Mike Ro
• What is your background?
tell us where you grew up and some information about your upbringing/experiences as a youth: I’m from a small town called Franklin in Louisiana. I was raised by my Mom along with my 3 sisters, we lived in small brick houses first on 7th street then on 9th street they both where project homes in my hood. When I was growing up all I used to do for the most part was play basketball, it was something I was dedicated to and what kept me going was the big support my Mom gave me. I watched my Mom work 2 jobs and do everything for me and my sisters. I didn’t realize how hard life could be until I lost my Mom when I was 16. Around that time we had just moved in a new house when I moved back from Georgia with my God Parents, My pops ended up living with us from there but it wasn’t right, every night he came in drunk and started fights. Even though all that changed over time I felt his pain but we handled it differently and plus he always been there for me. My life felt like it started all over and I didn’t play basketball cause I had to sit out a year. From there I wanted to find a way to express myself. so I remembered when I was in elementary I used to make music to talk about how I feel and freestyle with my cousins when I was young so I started writing music again. I performed at talent shows at the high school I went to in Franklin, from there that’s when I realized I want to keep making music and talk about all the things I’ve been through and how it’s wicked in my city.
• At what moment did you know that music was part of your life and what feelings did you have towards making an active impact with your music?
The moment I realized that music was part of my life was when I was 18, I went on a vacation on a cruise and performed in front of everyone on the ship. The next day after theperformance it was like everyone on the ship knew me, from there that’s when I knew music was part of me. I didn’t know I could have a impact on so many people. I even changed a man and his Mom,they had a grudge against each other, they didn’t talk to each other the whole trip until they seen my performance. Since then I knew this was a gift.
• What artists inspired/influences you and if you could collaborate with any artist (alive or passed) who would it be and why?
I would say that all Artist before my time influenced me because I like how the hip-hop culture started out, I didn’t think music would become something I love but I enjoyed listening to different artists that made music. Music is something that is very unique, if I could collaborate with anyone it would be Future because I like his style of rapping and the music he makes.
• What do you think about the current state of hip hop/mainstream music?
The mainstream music now has a good amount of great artists and has changed a whole lot, but I feel like they have a lot of artists that sounds the same and are not really good at all.
• Currently, what projects do you have in the works that you are most excited about: Currently I am excited about my 2nd mixtape that I’m working on now called “Must I Kill Everything” I basically named it after myself M.I.K.E because I feel like I’m at a point of time I’m being doubted but that’s not stopping me so I feel like every track I make for this mixtape I need to show that I’m different and stand out.
• What are your short term career goals within the next 6-10 months?
Between the next 6-10 months for my career I plan on taking my music to another level by making music videos and perform places to gain more fans. I want to have about 2 mixtapes out.
• What are your long term career goals within the next 2-5 years?
The next 2-5 years I want to be in a good position in my career. I plan on already making it out the struggle, doing the stuff I always wanted to do in my life and go all over the world.
• If you had one song out of the catalogue you have created to show a person what song would it be and why? My single called “My Way” because I feel like that’s one of the best songs I’ve made so far even though I have way more to come but it shows that I’m progressing as an artist.
• To the person who had never heard of you what is it about your music and story that you would tell them to entice them to be a supporter: I would let them know that my music shows the struggle because that’s how I’m living, I make music for people to relate to, every song has a meaning and I have a purpose.
• If your music could be described in five words what would those five words be? Expressive, Real, Astonishing, Dissimilar, Admirable
• What do you bring to the game that is unique and different? Something that I bring to the table that is unique and different is my voice, I feel like that’s what separates me from other artists, and my style.
• To the aspiring artist who is considering a career as a musician what lessons or advice would you give them to inspire them or to uplift them in the journey? To all other artists out there that’s trying to make a career out of music, don’t let any one bring you down, you’re gonna go through so much, but through everything don’t stop.
• What are your social media profiles and where can people purchase/download your music?
You can follow me on twitter: @mikerodagreat my instagram: main page @mikerodagreat and my music page @mikeromusic all my music is currently on SoundCloud – Mike Ro Salvaje
• What are your final words you would like to say to people that you have left out?
I want to give a shoutout to everybody who been down with me and supporting me through everything, and to the people that turned against me and wasn’t there thanks for teaching me all those lessons and showing me your true colors.